Thursday, July 31, 2008

Money Ain't Everything!

    
Good Morning Wyoming!
   
    A most interesting piece of political news from our great neighbor to the north, the state of Montana, has come to my attention.
 
    In a three way race for the Democratic nomination for the U.S. House seat, a candidate by the name of John Driscoll won by a pretty hefty margin. Of course I do not recall the exact numbers, being somewhat detail impaired, but it was something like 70,000 to 59,000 to 30,000.
 
    Their Primary Election is the first part of June, and so this is not exactly breaking news, The real news is that a guy by the name of John Driscoll won the race without spending ANY MONEY. At least that is what the campaign video said. They had to spend a little I would think, at least the filing fee and such.
 
 
    That is amazing news really! To think that a candidate from a major party could win a statewide primary race without spending money is revolutionary, is it not?
 
    It gives me some encouragement for my race. For twenty years I have been practicing my own version of campaign finance reform. I accept no money from special interest groups, and I only accept a maximum of $100.00 from any one person.
 
    It now appears that I am actually a moderate in this area!
 
    This is an area where the difference between conventional politics and progressive politics is stark. Conventional politicians from both parties yak about how Congress should do this and that to reform the campaign finance laws, but what are the chances of that ever happening anytime soon? Candidates like myself, and John Driscoll from Montana, look at the issue from the grassroots up, and take action.
 
    We just do what we think is right, and work to succeed with our self-imposed limitations, in the hopes that the electorate will take notice and respond in a positive way.
 
    It could work in my race as well!
 
    If you are reading this, and want to help make my campaign a success, go to www.goodenoughforsenate.com and donate.
 
Thank you Wyoming!

1 comment:

Fred said...

Keep up the good work. It's gratifying to know that it is possible to win a federal race without strings. The people may well be paying attention...finally.

Welcome to my campaign

Donate

Campaign contributions are welcome. In keeping with my longstanding policy, I accept a maximum of $100 from any individual. I do not accept donations from Political Action Committees (PACs).

If you would like to donate, mail to:
Goodenough for Wyoming
PO Box 1852
Casper WYO 82602

E-mail me

Wyoming Constitution...Article 1, Section 1: All power is inherent in the people, and all free governments are founded on their authority, and instituted for their peace, safety and happiness; for the advancement of these ends they have at all times an inalienable and indefeasible right to alter, reform or abolish the government in such manner as they may think proper.