Sunday, June 15, 2008

June 15, 2008

Finally! A taste of summer weather has arrived. And it was well received at the campaign stop we made at the Lander Brewfest on Saturday. After all, who would want to hang out in the City Park and taste-test beer in the cold?

I was drinking lemonade myself since it’s campaign season, but they only had one choice of that beverage.

They had some great local music with wonderful female vocals to serenade the crowd. This State needs more women singers… there should be a law!

We also campaigned in Hudson with Wyoming Democrat Emeritus Mike Vinich for a little while on the way home. If you know what Old School, Wyoming honorable straight shooters are like, you’ll know what Mike Vinich is all about.

Besides the Brewfest, the past week also saw a campaign trip to Buffalo for a county Democratic picnic. As you may know, Buffalo is in Johnson County and is known for not having many Democrats. It wasn’t that long ago they were still spraying for them! But in this case there was a very respectable turnout, I think somewhere around 35 fine citizens showed up.

Besides myself, U.S. House Candidate Gary Trauner and U.S. Senate Candidate Chris Rothfuss were there. My opponent had committed to being there, but bowed out at the last minute. We each made our remarks, and had some questions from the group.

The Casper campaign office is finally ready to occupy, and we have our first gathering there tomorrow night. It’s a small place, but has the advantage of being next to the Federal Courthouse. So when I have a gripe with the Federal court system, they’ll be able to get the message by just looking out the window and reading my slogans. If I need bail money, I’ll send a note.

I am going to be on my first campaign Podcast next weekend, so I will be sending out an additional note with the details towards the end of the week. It’s a technology that needs to be promoted as much as possible within the Democratic Party. Voters can get the political scoop without leaving home or having to buy gasoline!

Stay tuned,

Candidate Keith Be Goodenough

No comments:

Welcome to my campaign

Donate

Campaign contributions are welcome. In keeping with my longstanding policy, I accept a maximum of $100 from any individual. I do not accept donations from Political Action Committees (PACs).

If you would like to donate, mail to:
Goodenough for Wyoming
PO Box 1852
Casper WYO 82602

E-mail me

Wyoming Constitution...Article 1, Section 1: All power is inherent in the people, and all free governments are founded on their authority, and instituted for their peace, safety and happiness; for the advancement of these ends they have at all times an inalienable and indefeasible right to alter, reform or abolish the government in such manner as they may think proper.